- 4 square feet of drying area
- The Parallexx System™; horizontal airflow for maximum drying efficiency
- Thermostatically controlled temperature (range 85°-145°)
- Very fast drying times (no tray rotation needed)
- Square trays are easier to load as opposed to round trays
- Easy cleanup, bottom is seamless so you just wipe up drips
- Door lifts off for loading and cleaning
- Use less trays for more space between trays (larger items)
- Teflex sheets can be used for liquid puree to make fruit leathers
Email or call for our best prices with all
Excalibur Dehydrator Accessories
| Teflex Sheets
Comparison Chart of Excalibur Dehydrators
The Excalibur Parallexx Drying System
Dehydration is one of the easiest forms of food preservation. During dehydration the moisture is evaporated from the food, inhibiting the growth of microorganisms and bacteria. The air inside the dehydrator is heated; it dries and circulates the air, absorbing the moisture from anything placed in the drying chamber. The air temperature is low enough to dry but not cook. Dehydration is one of the least damaging forms of food preservation. Most nutrients and vitamins remain unaffected by the dehydration process. Some foods, fruits for example, taste sweeter because the water is removed and the sugar is more concentrated.
The dehydrator can be used for a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry. Make delicious all natural trail mix, potato chips, fruit roll ups and meat jerky. Dry your own herbs, or flowers for homemade potpourri or flower arrangements.
- Save Money - Buy food on sale, in bulk, or in season. Save 50% or more.
- Healthy - Drying preserves nutrients and enzymes. No additives or preservatives.
- Quick - Excalibur dries from 2 to 10 times faster than most other models.
- Great Taste - It's a "flavor concentrator", each bite is a mouth watering burst of flavor.
- Ease of Use - Wash, slice and dry. Much easier than canning or freezing.
- Space Saving - Dried foods reduce in size and store easier than canned or frozen.
Only Excalibur Offers the Turbo Charged Parallexx Drying System!
Millions have rediscovered the benefits of food dehydration. Healthy, nutritious and tasty food at a substantial savings! Excalibur makes drying easy. Sun or open air drying invites contamination and spoilage. The introduction of electric dehydrators has significantly improved the drying process.Excalibur pioneered a rear-mounted equipment package - The Parallexx System - that allows horizontal or parallel air flow. Fan forced, horizontal drying system mounted in rear provides more complete, even drying. The fan, heating element, and adjustable thermostat are mounted in the rear. Cool air is drawn in the back, heated up, and distributed evenly across each tray. During the dehydration process, warm air removes moisture from foods and is pushed out the front of the machine. The adjustable thermostat (85°-145°) allows a range of temperatures for drying a variety of foods, from herbs to yogurt to jerky.
All Excalibur Dehydrators Feature:
Round Stackable Units
- Heating unit in bottom. (many without fan or thermostat)
- Hard to clean. Spills fall directly on electric components.
- Vertical drying requires tray rotation as trays closest to heat source dry first.
- Slow drying. Units without fan or thermostat may spoil food or not dry at all.
- Round design cuts off corners and has holes in center, reducing usable drying area.
- Non-adjustable stackable design restricts size of drying chamber.
Excalibur Parallexx System
- Complete drying system in rear. (includes thermostat and fan)
- Easy to clean - Spills fall on seamless bottom.
- Horizontal drying provides even drying, eliminating tray rotations.
- Fast drying - Adjustable thermostat allows perfect drying every time.
- Square design increases drying area 25% with no holes in center of tray.
- Versatile - Trays can be removed to expand drying chamber.
- Removable door and trays - no need to take apart to check drying or add more food.
- Almost unbreakable and FDA approved polycarbonate trays. Inserts make cleaning a snap.
- Controlled environment for a wide variety of uses, i.e. making fruit roll-ups, homemade pastas, cheeses, yogurt, trail mixes and drying flower arrangements, herbs, arts and crafts, photos.